There are certain car insurance add-ons that you should really consider getting when selecting your policy. A lot of people skip over these things entirely, but many of them can be quite useful. While you might have to spend some extra money on them, they can be well worth the expense. The more time you take to look at these options, the better your chances will be of getting adequate cover.
The importance of having car breakdown cover with your car insurance cannot be understated. You should take some time to review the various types of cover that is available before making a final decision.
- Roadside assistance: When you have a basic breakdown cover policy, you will be able to call a technician to come to your broken down vehicle. If the problem cannot be resolved on the roadside, you can get your car towed to the closest garage for necessary repairs.
- National recovery: If your car breaks down and you need to get it towed, you can get it taken to anywhere in the UK. This is especially useful if you are far from home.
- Home cover: You can also opt to get home cover, which will provide you with services if your car is broken down at home. If you get into your car in the morning only to find that it won’t start, you can get someone to come and look at it. This service can also be useful if you ever lock your keys in your car.
- European cover: This level of breakdown cover will provide you with services all throughout Europe. If you are planning on going on a long trip outside of the country, you should really consider this option.
- Onward journey: With onward journey breakdown cover, you can get help getting to your destination if your car has to be towed to a nearby garage. This could mean getting tickets for the train or even a car hire. Depending on your policy, you might even be able to get a hotel room for the night.
A lot of people throughout the UK are purchasing breakdown cover policies with their insurance because they can be so useful in emergency situations.
Courtesy Car Insurance
If your car is in the garage for more than a day because it is being repaired, courtesy car insurance will provide you with a vehicle to use until it is fixed. This can be a huge convenience when you are in a frustrating situation with your car.
You should also think about getting legal expenses cover, which will provide you with financial assistance if someone sues you after an accident. Hiring a solicitor can be very expensive, which is all the more reason to think about getting this type of cover with your car insurance. It can also provide you with reimbursement when paying extra for an accident you did not cause.
Personal Accident Cover
Many people who buy car insurance also opt for personal accident cover because of how helpful it can be. This type of cover will give you financial compensation if you sustain any injuries in an accident. While this is a fairly standard part of a comprehensive insurance policy, it is not usually part of more basic policies. It is important that you at least consider this option before deciding whether or not to get it.
Anyone who has ever lost their knees knows how frustrating it can be. If you ever need to get your keys and/or locks for your car replaced, this type of cover will help. It can minimize the amount of money that you have to spend. In fact, there is a good chance that you won’t have to pay anything at all if it is your first time.
If you ever have to get your windscreen replaced or repaired, you will certainly be glad to have this specific type of cover. It will help you get the necessary work done without having to spend a lot of money in the process. Getting even the smallest cracks in your windscreen fixed can be quite expensive if you don’t have the right cover on your insurance policy.
Deciding Which Level of Insurance is Right for You
When you are trying to decide which level of car insurance is right for you, there are a number of things to consider. You will need to think about how much you drive on a regular basis as well as how far. Those who drive a lot are more likely to need these insurance cover options. It is always better to have this protection than not. If you want to save money in the long term on car-related expenses, you will need to review these options carefully.